Monday Young’s Ladies League 2019
Start Date: May 20, 2019 (HOPEFUL START DATE)
League Dues: $25.00 charge for the season. Each week a player will have the option of paying extra to enter different games for that week (see Events below).
Time: Ladies can play anytime on Monday, preferable starting 2:00PM for whichever 9 holes are being played (alternating each week from front to back 9).* A golfer may call or sign up in the pro shop to be paired up with other ladies in the league each week. If you already have a group you would like to play with that is allowed. For a valid league score a golfer must play with at least one other member from the league. No pairings arranged.
Format: The league will be a 9 hole handicapped league. Each week the league will rotate from the front 9 to the back 9 holes. Handicap will be calculated as a 9 hole league by Cathy Haapala.
Rules: Winter Rules will be played. This means a person may roll their ball into the fairway but not touch their ball in the rough. All holes will be played as a lateral hazard. This means if your shot goes in the woods you may drop a ball where you think your ball entered the woods and assess a one stroke penalty. Anyone is eligible to join the ladies league at Young’s. You do not have to be a member to play in the weekly league, you may pay daily greens fees or join one day a week membership. You are not required to play each week.
(There will be a handicapped club championship in the fall. Ladies will be flighted by handicap and only compete with those in the same flight.) Events: The weekly events are Green Ball $2, Chip-in $1, Blind Bogey $1, Birdie $1 and the special day’s event $5 which will commonly be split into 1st-3rd place @ 50%, 30% and 20% respectively, unless otherwise noted. If no one wins the kitty for an event, it will carryover to the following week. On scorecard, if you’ve accomplished one of the above events, write “G” for Green ball, “C” for Chip-in, “B” for Birdie on that hole. For More Information:
If you are interested in joining the league or just have questions please talk to Wendy Benda (906) 284-0411, Cathy Haapala (262) 358-0144 or Jason Smedlund and Jill Sabotta at Young’s (906) 265-3401.
Thanks and hit them straight ladies!!!
* 6/24, 7/29 and 8/26 must be after 2PM due to other commitments at Young’s.
* Young’s Ladies Monday League
– League format:
• 9-hole, alternating front and back each Monday
• Must play with one other league member
• Pro Shop will have a list of league members available
• Leave scorecard at Pro Shop (for handicap and event purposes)
• Event winner envelopes from prior week in Pro Shop by 2:00PM following Monday
– $25 league membership
– Need to establish and track handicaps (need for weekly events and for special play). Will be calculated by Cathy Haapala. Until established, we will play un-handicapped events. The weekly events are Green Ball $2, Chip-in $1, Blind Bogey $1, Birdie $1 and the special day’s event $5 which will commonly be split into 1st-3rd place @ 50%, 30% and 20% respectively, unless otherwise noted. If no one wins the kitty for that event will carryover to the following week. On scorecard, if you’ve accomplished one of the above events, write “G” for Green ball, “C” for Chip-in, “B” for Birdie on that hole.
– Guests may participate in weekly events, but after 3rd time they need to become a league member
– Young’s Pro Shop is closed when you head out, leave event fees with manager
– 3rd Monday of the month, Young’s will oﬀer a meal to purchase for our league to allow for gathering as a group.
– Intend to oﬀer Championship play-oﬀ by ﬂight and a mid-year fun event
Events (until handicaps are established):
Best poker hand from 9 holes
Low Gross/ High Gross minus “mystery “ hole (selected by guest in clubhouse)
High Point: 1 point for each water, woods and 3 puts; 2 points for each bunker hit and each whiff. Mark points on each hole and tally up next to your 9 hole score.
Gross minus putts (keep track of each hole’s putts and subtract after your round)
Keep score as usual; but EVEN holes will only be counted as your Gross total; only on he even hole.
Most single bogey’s (only 1 over par)
Throw out 2 worst holes for revised gross
Low Gross/High Gross split the kitty (no 1st – 3rd)
Mystery Hole Reset – 3 holes determined by guest in clubhouse will be reset to par